Free to Struggle

   Today I was listening to a song by Tenth Avenue North called "The Struggle". When I first heard the song, I didn't fully understand it. I suppose it didn't really click with me then, but now I get it.

Lord I falter and I fall down
Then I hold on to the chains you broke

   See when I fall down, it is so easy to grab what is comfortable, and what I'm used to doing. This happens because the enemy attacks when we're at our weakest points. I've touched on this subject before, he uses stuff that really messes with our minds, and it's different for everyone. When we feel sad or upset, that is when the fiery darts are aimed at us.

Hallelujah
We are free to struggle
We're not struggling to be free

   Now hold on. We're free to struggle in our lives, but at the same time we aren't struggling to be free? If you're lost about this, it's okay. I didn't understand it either. But then, it occurred to me. In my life I have troubles daily, but I know the truth now. I don't need to spend hours and hours fretting over things. I need to trust in God. He's got me. Jesus paid a price for me. Oh! You see:

Your blood bought and makes us children
So children drop your chains and sing

   Now I get it. His blood bought us so that we would be free. So that we wouldn't have to be bound up in sin and worry. There is an easy fix to our struggling. Come to Jesus. He's already taken care of it all. What a great truth! What reassurance!
   And to think, one glorious day, all of this will be forgotten. We'll be delighted in spending all of eternity worshiping I Am, and basking in all of His glory and greatness. We are free. Nothing can ever separate us from His love and gentleness. Nothing could ever take away what awaits us in Heaven. Nothing. None of our burdens are too big for Him. Hallelujah!

Hallelujah, death is overcome
And we are breathing
Hallelujah our stone hearts become flesh
A flesh that's beating
Hallelujah chains have been undone
And we are singing
Hallelujah the fire has begun
Can you feel it?

   Can you feel it? You're free. Run from the bondages! God's got it. He's got you. He'll never let you go. He will never forsake you. Our God is great and powerful and strong!



   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace