Thirsty Soul Finds Father

Thirsty Soul Finds Father:


Wisdom is greater than knowledge.

Faith in my God is of more importance than frets of the future.

God's timing is much more reliable than that of my own.

The days that seem to be wasted in my sight don't go unnoticed by the Lord.

Time spent in His Presence is more valuable than hundreds of thousands of precious gems.

How much more valuable then is it to spend my time with Him than to spend it any other way?

Time in His Presence, time in His Word. How I long to know my Lord.

So I'll keep calling, calling to Him. He hears me, He sees me, and He's setting me free. Daily, hourly, I call on Thee, and every moment in between.

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalms 34:17)

My troubles are in His hands. He forms my future, He frees me from my fears.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears." (Psalms 34:4)

But in my distress, I find more frets. What, oh what, will happen with me next?


"Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." (Jeremiah 29:12)

My Father hears me. He awaits my requests, for His mighty ear is tuned toward my heart. So I plead...

"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

There is the flood of refreshing water to my spirit. I will find Him. I will find Him, because He knows my heart. He feels the agonising aching just as much - if not even more so - than I do.

My heart is perpetually thirsting for more of the Lord. And here I'll assure my soul, God hears the screams of my spirit. God feels the desire of my heart, and that is Him.

When I call to Him, He will hear me. And it is Him whom I find. After all the thirsting, this searching soul finds Father.

"They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed." (Psalms 34:5)

"Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him." (Psalms 34:9)


Here I lay down, and I find my rest. Ending day, I'm saturated stressed. Releasing burdens which I detest. Leaving this to Father, and He does the rest. And this I know: it's all for my best.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

"Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. I will walk before the Lord In the land of the living." (Psalms 116:7-9)


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story