Starting Today

   Today I wake, and I see the outstretched road before me. I know the road is treacherous, and I know that I am frail. Any other would hide, but I choose to expose myself to the One who takes my fear and turns it into irrefutable faith. When I'm at my weakest, if I call on the Lord, He will without a doubt come to me. "Save me, O God, by Your name, And vindicate me by Your strength." (Psalm 54:1 NKJV). In Matthew chapter 14 Jesus spoke to the disciples, saying to them, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid." Peter responded, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." (Matthew 14:28 NKJV). So the Lord called Peter to come, and he stepped out into the water and began walking towards Jesus. But when Peter was reminded of the raging storm on the water, he began to sink. In desperation Peter cried out to Jesus, "Lord, save me!"  Verse 31 says, "And immediately Jesus stretched out  His  hand and caught him,". How incredible it is to know that in our time of need, the Lord will immediately come to rescue us. All we need to do is step out onto the water, and keep our eyes on Jesus.
   One of my favourite verses on faith is Psalm 62:7. It says, "In God  is  my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength,  And  my refuge,  is  in God."
   Try to start your day with faith in the Lord, and the reality that He will always save you. Immediately.


   God be with you,
The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace