Jesus Gives Hope

   God is able. There is absolutely nothing He can't do. He is almighty and powerful. He is full of wonder and glory. I am in awe of You, Lord.
   When every hope seems to be lost, God steps in and saves. He never leaves us. It says in Hebrews 13:5, "For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" We are never forgotten or left behind by God. Even when everyone else has turned away form you, Jesus stays right next to you. He is holding your hand, keeping you safe. He sustains us all the way.
   Once, I felt so abandoned. I felt like everybody I love had left me. I felt trapped and alone. But, it was during these interminably long two and a half weeks that I felt the presence of God. Every night I'd sit on that uncomfortable bed and read His Word. His Word is what gave me hope for the rough days to come. Having people watch my every move gave me an advantage to be an example. Maybe I could show others how Jesus comforted me. We're all suffering the same, so why not share the hope and faith I have in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.
   This past year, I've come closer to Jesus than ever. I've felt the cold grasp of death try to pull me in. I've heard the Lord's gentle whisper. I've been saved from the darkness. Now, looking back, I can see the enemy frustrated and enraged. The enemy is furious because I "just wouldn't die". The enemy has tried nearly everything to destroy me. He wouldn't give up, and he certainly won't stop now. I know that he'll persistently try to discourage me, but I have Jesus.
   When I turn my eyes to the Lord I can't be tangled up in the worries of today. I need to realize that He's taken care of everything. Every time the enemy tries to frighten me, the best thing I can do is give it to God. Give your troubles to God, and you will feel so free.
   "But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story