Who Am I?

   Who am I? What makes me different from everybody else? How can I make a difference in this fallen world? How can I make Jesus known? What is my purpose? Why am I here?
   I have a job. I have a purpose. I am the only one that can carry out God's plan for me. He chose me specifically to do something huge. I will not let the enemy discourage me, and lead me into darkness. I will not hide my face, nor will I be ashamed of who I am in Christ Jesus. I have been made new and the old is long gone.
   There was once a time in my life, when I was so dismal and gloomy. I only wore grey clothes, and my favorite kind of days were those of the dreary sort. I detest to think of how much of a negative impact I may have had on others. I really never wish to return to my previous ways.
   Instead, I can rejoice in knowing I am new again! I am alive and well! I have been assigned a great destiny. God has given me a job. I'm to tell others the joy of living in Christ, the giver of abundant life. God wants us to have joy and peace and to live our lives to the full.
   A smile I will keep on my face. I will illuminate His glory. I pray the Lord's love and freedom be seen inside of me, so that the world might join me in heaven for eternity. I will not be conformed by this world, but instead be a light in the dark. My mission is to plant as many seeds in the hearts in this world as I can before my time is up. I want to take with me to heaven as many souls as I can. I want more than anything to see others change like I did. To see the dark clouds move out and reveal light, glorious, glorious light! To see a bright and cheerful spirit, rejoicing in the abundance that is the Lord, Jesus Christ.
   "This was the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:23-24)
   Who am I? I am a child of God. I am new. Fear and shame have no hold over me anymore. I am blessed. I am loved. I am important. I am no longer a hostage. I am going to live my life the way God intended me to live: set free.

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace