He is What I Always Need

   Father, I come to You today with the utmost of gratitude. I'm overwhelmed by Your perfect patience, provision, and peace. Your grace has not left my side not even once. When I was at my lowest point - all else had failed and I truly believed for the ending to be upon me - You Lord came and You renewed my hope, You restored my life. 

   What can I give to You in return Father? What offering can I supply to show my thanks? To give to you a thousand times a thousand bars of precious gold could not even begin to express my gratitude.

   The moments I spend resting in Your peaceful and powerful Presence are more valued than all the riches in the world. Your glory envelopes me, and the warmth of Your light shines upon my face.

"The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;" (Numbers 6:25)

   Gracious, gracious indeed. God, You have shown me such grace, for there is no one as gracious as You. Without You I'm starved. Without You I am lost. Without You my breath is short, and my life is hurt.


You are the nourishment for my soul:

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ” (Matthew 4:4)

You guide me and make my ways straight and safe:

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalms 119:105)

Suddenly, God, your light floods my path, God drives out the darkness. I smash the bands of marauders, I vault the high fences. What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every God -direction is road-tested. Everyone who runs toward him Makes it. (2 Samuel 22:29-31)

You are the Breath of Life, and I will breathe You in and praise You all the days of my life:

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! (Ezekiel 37:5)

You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. (Psalm 59:17)

   I will rely on the Lord of lords and King over all principalities. I will place my fears in His holy, scarred hands - in the arms of my Saviour I will find my constant comfort. 

He has walked the path I take, for He paved the way I am on. He is my guide, the Rock I stand upon. Hope remains within my heart, and I know from me He'll never depart. Take courage my dear soul, and hold onto what is true, for the Lord your God is holding onto you.


   - The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace