Jesus Reigns and Remains

   Do you ever get caught up in worldly concerns? Have you ever dreaded having to work through a difficult job or tedious task? Does your flesh ever get the best of you? We all know the answers to these personal questions. We'd all admit that it's not always an easy life to live out, and sometimes the storm clouds roll in on our paradise. Rough roads, bumpy paths, and heart aches can take you on a trip of pity and distraught.

   Don't let the worldliness of the world get your heart bummed out. Take a minute to reflect on all the wonderful good that God has provided. Remember the promises of the Word.

   "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

   "Take Heart!" Jesus exhorts us, "I have overcome the world." There it is settled for us, fragile sheep. The world brings trouble, but our Lord has conquered this world and all the godlessness in it. Remember, death could not keep it's hold on Him. Not even a sealed stone grave could contain His power.


   I know first hand how times can go seemingly swell, but then all of a sudden come tumbling down faster than an avalanche. And with the boulders bustling down comes a busted and burdensome heart. 

   Everything comes down hard on top of your poor fragile spirit, and you don't even understand how or why you fell so fast. Hope has drifted from your grasp - as far as your fear-filtered eyes can see. The people with whom you were once in fellowship have walked out, and you're all alone? You presume so. Everything has gone wrong, and your whole life has been ruined? Not in the least. As you've hopefully come to realise by now, God works all things for His purpose - His great and perfect will.

   "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

   And you cry, "In all things? How can that be? How can this horrid pit I'm in turn out to be good?" I understand your argument. Believe me, I was there. In all the sorrowful, tear streaming glory, there will be glory. His glory, that is, the glory of the Lord who works in mighty ways we cannot comprehend.

   "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?" (Romans 8:35)

   This is when the light begins to peak through the dismal, dark clouds of destruction. We ask those exact words in Romans 8:35. We question if there's anyone left who could possibly love us. And then, in the most loving, touching, heart mending whisper, Jesus assures us, "I'm here, child. I was the first to love you, and I'll love you for eternity. I will be with you for all your days. Nothing that happens in this life could ever alter the sacred promise of My Love for you."

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (Romans 8:37)

   We are more than conquerors, because it is Him who loved us. He loved us before we fell to this low point, He loves us even in the thick of this raging storm, and His love will carry us out of the sorrow and into the glorious realm of the Light of His Presence. Have your eyes focused in on the hope yet?



   "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead," (1 Peter 1:3)


   Here is the climax of the story. Because of this truth, our heart's flame is never burnt out. Jesus Christ is the hope! He is the living hope we have bound to our hearts, and nothing can undo what Jesus secured for victory

   Victory! He is the hope for all mankind, and because of the redeeming work He accomplished on the Cross, we have a living hope that shall forever anchor our souls.

   "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain" (Hebrews 6:19)


   "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence." (2 Samuel 22:2-3)

   Grip the strong and mighty hands of our God, and remain faithful. He is holding you in your pain, and He hears your prayers to Him. Pray for the peace to make it through this battle. He is fighting for you, and His peace will come upon you. Just remain calm. Sorrow may endure for the night, but the joy of the Lord is coming.

Our battle cry through it all:

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." (Psalms 51:12)

The Light awaiting at the end of this tunnel:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" (Revelation 21:4)


   Hold on tightly to the hope that is certain and secure in Christ alone. His glory and might will surely be seen. The only One who can pull you out of the depths and renew unto you a brand new purpose, meaning, and joy is our Lord Jesus Christ. The Saviour of all is the same One who wants to grace you with His peace, love, and mercy. 

Embrace His grace! Hold onto the hope! Jesus remains, Jesus reigns!


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story