Only One Rock

   It's not rare that we as humans find ourselves in situations where temptations seem to be weighing on our hearts like a ton of bricks. Temptations are tempting, very very tempting. We live in a fallen world, and we are currently bound to mortality and fleshly hindrances. It's normal to feel tempted. In fact, even Jesus was tempted!

   "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

   Jesus was not just tempted, but He was tempted in every way. Imagine the spiritual strength! How admirable and encouraging! When we're being tempted and feel too weak to withstand the luring lies and lusts of the flesh, we have this Solid Rock to Whom we call. 

Jesus Christ, the Lord of all, You will reign through it all, and it's to You that we call.

   I know that in the heat of the moment, it is hard to say no. It's not an easy task to deny self and pick up that cross.

   "Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." (Matthew 16:24)

Remember that our God is a Solid Rock and powerful Refuge to His children:

   "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." (Psalm 18:2)

Mighty Deliverer, we can call to You. In those pressing times of desperation, one cry to You Father, and You're faithful to come and deliver us. You alone are the Saviour of our souls, and not one of our needs goes unnoticed by You, loving Lord.

"I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies." (Psalm 18:3)

   Worthy is the Lord, for He is the Mighty Rock who rescues His followers. We serve a powerful God! When we establish our trust by proclaiming His goodness and faithfulness, we are preserved from destruction. No enemy can shake the foundation that is in Christ the Solid Rock!

   "There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." (1 Samuel 2:2)


   "For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure." (2 Samuel 22:32-33)

   Laugh at the lies and triumph over the temptations, because it is God who arms us! The Lord protects our spirits and He keeps secure our paths. Because we are in Him, no demon can detract or deter us away from God's perfect course for our lives!

   "Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me. The lord will work out his plans for my life— for your faithful love, O lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me." (Psalms 138:7-8)

   Remember His way is good and pure and right and glorious. His ways are undeniably miraculous and marvellous are all His works, for the Lord is mighty and full of awe.

   "for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." (Philippians 2:13)

   "I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." (Jeremiah 29:11)

   Our tomorrows are held in His caring hands. He will not abandon us - the Rock of our Salvation will not leave our side. 

   Though it's dark wherever you are right now - the debt, the illness, the hospital ward, the struggling relationship - God has not left. The Light of His Presence will shine through that darkness, and it will bring forth the future of hope He has promised for you.

   Take hold of His mighty Hands. Dig in your heels and make up your mind to not be moved by the swaying temptations. Declare the faithfulness and righteousness of the Rock of our Salvation that is Christ the Lord over all! He alone is the Rock and besides Him there is no other!


   - The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace