He Strengthens Feeble Knees

   Though the storms in this world rage on and on, nothing can keep me from telling the Good News. If people mock because of my confidence in Christ, it only gives me hope. I have this hope of Heaven securely anchored in my soul.

   "And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise." (Hebrews 6:15)

   Patiently enduring. We're all just patiently enduring this brief time we spend on earth. This world is tiring, and in our current frail and mortal bodies it will wear us out. We will begin to feel like quitting, but God always gives us hope and courage to continue on our path.

   "For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls." (Hebrews 12:3)

   Consider HIM, bring the hardships of Christ our Lord to mind to strengthen your worn out soul. Christ endured hostility, temptation, crowds, and even crucifixion. But He was strong in His spirit, because He knew what must be done for the Kingdom.

   This is exactly the frame of mind we must adopt. In rough times, remember that you are working for the Kingdom of God. You are building up your treasure in Heaven!


   "so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly." (Matthew 6:18)

   Don't appear to others as though you are mourning your work for the Lord. Renew your spirit with the hope of His promises. God sees all of your heart-filled labour, and He rewards His hard working children greatly.

   It's hard now, I know, but just hold on. Keep your arms lifted to the One who never lets you go. He will sustain you.

   Surely you have instructed many, And you have strengthened weak hands. Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, And you have strengthened the feeble knees; But now it comes upon you, and you are weary; It touches you, and you are troubled. Is not your reverence your confidence? And the integrity of your ways your hope? (Job 4:3-6)


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

  1. Jennifer Beights GallagherJanuary 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

    I love the part about patiently enduring. Such truth! Enduring pain is inevitable. Doing so with a patient heart full of God's promises is a choice that will be rewarded in the end. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blesses me to read this. My heart is overjoyed to see this, especially from you! I am so thankful and humbled to know that you enjoyed it. I'm continually grateful that the Lord uses me in this way. The writing He gives me nourishes my soul as well as the souls of others. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story