Be Not Dismayed

   My stress, my worries, my fear, and my sorrow I can bring to my God. I might lose my temper, but my Lord is pure. "The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy." (Psalms 103:8)

   Though I feel afraid, my God tells me not to fear. "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

   "Be not dismayed," The definition of the word dismayed is to be "struck with fear, dread, or consternation". Stuck is defined to be "affected by something overwhelming" So when the Lord says, "Be not dismayed," He is telling us to not become struck with overwhelming fear or dread.

   "for I am your God." Let the Lord control your thoughts. Remember that He is the Lord of our lives and our minds, and worry does not have authority over us. The reason for our dismay is so often because we allow ourselves to dwell on what's bothering us for long periods of time. We obsess on our anxieties. They soon begin to fill up our minds and overwhelm us. Before long, we feel like we're drowning or spinning out of control.

   When fear creeps in, come to the Father, the God of all, the Lord over our lives and thoughts. He is with us, He will give us strength, and He will help us through. Don't let fear and dread invade your mind, but give way for the Prince of peace to fill you up with His unfailing peace.

   "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story