The Moment His Light Finds My Dark

   There I was, crumpled on the floor. Beaten and bruised. In a desperate place, I cried out, "Help me!" There was nothing more that I could do. I felt alone and ashamed. There I lay crippled with brokenness, and that was the moment when He touched me.

   In the midst of all my agony, I felt Him. This is the moment when I realize nothing else matters. In the end, our God is all that will remain.

   "And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever." (1 John 2:17)

   The Lord came in and fixed my eyes. He shifted my focus. What is of utmost importance to me is the Kingdom of God. Whatever earthly things that clutter my mind are unnecessary. Pollution that the devil slings at me is useless and unwanted. Whatever he is saying, doesn't affect me. It will not last in the end. God is forever.

   I choose to live with zest and joy. I choose to confront the lies of the enemy with the truth of my God. My salvation is determined, and there is nothing he can do to change that. I am loved. I am cherished by my Father. I am a very important warrior for Christ. Deflect the enemy's fiery darts with the Word.

   When the Lord is my all, there is no place for fleshly desires. Because I only focus on my God, I cannot allow the enemy to block my vision. I am determined to follow solely Jesus, I shan't stray from His path. I will not be distracted nor sidetracked, for I am on a mission.

   I'd begged to have a clean start, and a clean start the Lord has given to me. That is when His light overcame my dark past. "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." (John 1:5)

   "The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned." (Matthew 4:16)

   In that hour of despair, that is when He came and flooded me with His light. From Him came overflowing grace and compassion. Even when I am covered with scars from my sins, He still loves me more than I could ever imagine. Unfailing Love.

   "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." (Ephesians 5:8) We have been far removed from our former, and we are now adopted sons and daughters of the King. This is the moment His light finds our dark


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace