The Lessons Learned

   It was a long, hard day. I'd cried out every last tear, so much so that I felt I couldn't cry anymore, but I did. My heart was shattered. I'd lost everything, or so I thought. As the night went on things seemed to get worse. Cold and lonely, I felt something. Something comforting and hopeful, I felt the Lord. He was with me in the middle of my misery. I was not alone after all.

   Day after day I was paralyzed with fear, but each night brought a renewed courage to make it through. I was desperate for peace, and in my desperation came the Lord's provision. He is so faithful. He was and He constantly still is.

   The meaning. The meaning of all my tears and suffering I now understand, it's because I was so far, but now I'm in His own hand. I wouldn't change the pain for anything. What happened in that place was far more than what it seemed at the time. A precious bond was formed with the Lord. A brand new sense of belonging placed into my heart.

   The passion within me, it burns day and night. When I awake in the darkest hours of the night, I can feel Him all around me pouring His love out upon my heart. He has blessed me with so much. I know that all that I am and all that I've overcome, is solely because of in Whom I trust. There is no other way but through Him.

   Now that I see that it was all perfectly meant to be, I can confidently declare that my God is completely worthy of my trust. But if what He showed me that July wasn't enough, He has continued to be faithful through every tribulation. 
   
   What a truly loving Lord. I will bow down and confess with all of my heart, You are the Lord of all Love. You are my heart's desire. For all of my days I will love You. For all of my days I will shout praise to You. You are holy and You reign over all.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace