Clean

   What I've done is not who I am. Jesus didn't die on the cross so that I could live wallowed up in shame and misery. He came to set me free and give me a future of hope. No matter how cluttered my past may seem, nothing equates to the abundant freedom given to me by Christ Jesus. I am made clean.
   In the chapter of John, Jesus washes the disciples' feet. Only their feet. "Jesus said to him, "He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you." Why would Jesus wash only the disciples feet? 
   It occurred to me that everywhere you have ever been your feet have collected dirt. Just like with our spiritual lives, we have sinned and collected icky dirt in our hearts. But, when Jesus came and spilled His blood for the redemption of our souls, the dirt that was once packed into the crevices of our hearts is washed away. We are now made completely clean in the presence of the Lord.
   Now, this is just what I gathered from John thirteen verse ten. It could be speaking to you entirely different. One thing is certain, though: when Jesus payed the price on that cross, our sins were swept away as far as East is from West. Gone. They're not even kind of close to you anymore. You're made righteous by the blood of the Lamb. "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)
   Now go off into the world with the confidence that your spiritual feet are cleansed. Jesus paid it all! For this we should be jumping up and down praising Him! "but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end." (Hebrews 3:6)

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

  1. Very well said! Great Truth! I think this may be my favorite one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace