Staring at the Sky

   On dreary days, I often find myself gazing up at the clouds. My eyes franticly searching for a patch of blue sky. I long for the warmth of golden sunshine on my face. The heavy clouds lingering above can inflict feelings of sorrow and loneliness, but when this happens I turn my face to the Great I Am and ask for Him to send me joy. Isaiah 49:13 says, "Sing, O heavens! Be joyful, O earth! And break out in singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people, And will have mercy on His afflicted."
  Next time you feel down in the dumps, call upon the Lord and He will comfort you. Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace