Happiness Through the Pain

   The past few months have been anything but wonderful. They've been undeniably painful. Painful is not fun, but painful is a learning, healing process. We all must go through the painful months in our lives, but does this mean that God leaves us behind wandering in the darkness? Not a chance! With what I've learned it's the exact opposite, in fact I feel closest to God when I'm struggling. You may feel weighed down with stress and worry, but God will gladly carry those burdens for you. Besides, He has set a light at the end of this long dark tunnel. You may feel like you're falling, but God will always catch you. He's always right there beside you, and He will never, ever, ever leave your side.
   When I was at my weakest point, or rock bottom, was when I felt the presence of God all around me. It wrapped around me like a veil of comfort. I felt His breath, and I heard His gentle whisper. To think that He was the one thing that kept me from passing on is so surreal to me. I am eternally grateful. The Lord is my Savior, and His strength is truly what saved my life.
   In the rush of all the sorrow and pain and confusion that was the past few months, I learned not only what it's like to be on God's life support, but also how to look past the grey storminess. I learned to live above my circumstances and give thanks to the Lord and all He is doing for me. He has changed my outlook on life; There is so much to live for! I despise thinking of how dark my spirit once was. Peace and abundant joy now flood my life. The Lord lifted my eyes and now I see the light of His goodness.
   Happiness is a choice. Some of the most joyful people have been through the most horrid of situations, but nevertheless they sing praises to the God of Angels! The Lord is my Savior, and I will praise Him all my days!
   "The Lord was ready to save me; Therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments All the days of our life, in the house of the Lord." (Isaiah 38:20)

   - The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace