Cease Your Striving


Cease Your Striving:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" (Psalms 46:10)

I live for Your glory; I'm alive to serve You and to bring praise unto Your holy Name. At the very centre of it all, there You are. You're my joy, my hope, my salvation, and my ultimate destination. The pure purpose of my existence is for You, O Lord.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

To You I turn my eyes. My heart is steadfastly trusting in You, for I know Your faithfulness never ends and Your love never weakens. You passionately pursue me with a never ending persistence. Oh how I love Thee, Lord Jesus!

"He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." (Psalms 112:7)

No force of hell can dampen the divine grace of Your marvellous embrace. And isn't that Your ultimate hope for me? To rest, and to release every burden that's been pent up inside? To allow myself to fall back and be caught in Your wonderfully loving arms of care and embrace?

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

O Heavenly Father, as we Your children lay down our heads this night, may our souls surrender the stresses which stifle our freedom. We invite Your Holy Spirit to come re-establish the initial, immense joy and liberty of salvation. Come, Lord Jesus, come and make Your dwelling place inside our very hearts. We eagerly anticipate Your intimacy. Come deliver our souls from the strain of striving, and soothe us into the serene pathway of living in Your peaceful Presence.

You're all we need, and that's all we need to know. You're not disappointed in us, rather, You delight over us with songs of gladness. Hallelu Yah! Let us sing a song of praise to our God! He has delivered us and set us on the path of His never ending goodness and favour. Hallelujah! Hallelu Yah! Rejoice and praise the Lord!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story