Light the Way


Light the Way:

"For You are my lamp, O Lord; The Lord shall enlighten my darkness." (2 Samuel 22:29)

I stumble and I fall, but I know You're with me through it all. Though I often fail, Your love shall always prevail. My eyes are shrouded by clouds of confusion. O Lord, would You come and clear my vision? Won't You light the way ahead of me? Enlighten the darkness, O Father God, illuminate the path that is before me.

"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”" (John 8:12)

This is one of Your promises to me. You promise that the light of life - true life shining forth from Your Holy Spirit - shall light up the way before me and fill the emptiness within me. I needn't walk in dismal darkness.

Because of You, my path can grow brighter and brighter day after day. Your goodness and glory blaze my future trails. Your faithfulness fills those paths with abundance, for You are purely good with no shadow in You whatsoever.

"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." (James 1:17)

Your goodness and grace give me courage. Your faithfulness ignites in me a fearlessness unlike any other. It's because I know I'm in Your hands - the very hands that formed the entire universe and everything in it - that I am able to confidently live by faith. I must have faith in Your never ending goodness, faithfulness, mercy, forgiveness, and graciousness. You are good, good good, and You'll never stop being good to me no matter how undeserving I am. You are constant, never changing, and it is written in Your word.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

"For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob." (Malachi 3:6)

Because Your wondrous mercy steadfastly endures throughout all of eternity, we are not consumed or destroyed, as some translations put it. I can hold onto these truths with vigorous hope, as I watch and see Your great glory come to my rescue. Not a single one of Your words shall ever fail.

"God is not a man who lies, or a son of man who changes His mind. Does He speak and not act, or promise and not fulfil?" (Numbers 23:19)

So this day, O Lord, I call to You from my dismal despair. I'm in dire need of You, and I am certain that even just being in Your Presence for a moment can work a mighty miracle in my soul. I'm longing for Your love light to shine upon me. I am awaiting Your illuminating. Please come and fill me with Your glowing hope and joy.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalms 27:1)

Because Your light leads my way, I shall not be afraid. I am fully submerged in Your loving Presence, therefore fear has to leave, because Your perfect love drives it out. You're the strength of my life, and apart from You I am nothing. Apart from You I am weak and quickly fading. It's only in Your arms that I find the strength to carry on, the joy to face another day, and the hope to believe.

Please light my path this day and every day, O Heavenly Father. I am relying on You completely. I know Your goodness and graciousness shall never fail me. I trust You and I thank You. Thank You for always lighting up the darkness and casting out the shadows.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace