God Works Even When It Is Quiet


God Works Even When It Is Quiet:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]" (Matthew 11:28 AMP)

There are some days when I just feel... tired out, lonely, and even afraid. Afraid of the future, afraid of failing. However, in all my sorrows, I must not forget that God has a purpose and plan, though I cannot yet see all of it. Though my hope seems fading, His faithfulness is crusading - and on my behalf.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

The Message translation puts it a nice way when it says:

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God ’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track." (Proverbs 3:5-6 MSG)

I suppose what I'd been doing that caused me to become so overwhelmed and ridden with anxious thoughts was trying to figure things out. Things I'm not meant to speculate myself. Thoughts that are higher than mine own.

"“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

It is not my place to attempt to conjure up what my future shall look like, nor is it my burden to fret over whether or not it will be prosperous. For the Lord has promised in His Word:

"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:10-11)

This promise of prospering purpose applies to what He says of us as well:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

The Lord's promises are not in vain. His Words are packed with truth, hope, and trustworthiness, so don't let your mind become entangled in worry and confusion. God has a plan! His plans are marvellous and miraculous! Don't ever forget His wondrous works. Remember what is written in Ephesians chapter three:

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

He is ABLE to do so much MORE than we can picture in our limited human minds. He is exceedingly and abundantly ABOVE what we hope and dream. Our wildest dreams are easy feats for the God who formed the stars with His words. Hallelujah! How mighty and wonderful He is!

Release the chains of doubt and distress, and trust that even though all seems still and quiet, God is working in secret for your good and His glory. He is working a mighty work inside you and me that we may not even know about. It's not our job to justify the way things "seem." It's our mission to be in submission and await His call to us saying, "Now is the time, My child. Step out onto the waters and watch my power ignite in waves of mighty magnitude." He is still here. Even though it seems like He's forgotten, He has not left us. He will never leave nor forsake us. Amen.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace