Fill Me


Fill Me:

"How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver." (Proverbs 16:16)

O Heavenly Father, You're so much more than my words can describe. Your power is limitless, and Your wonder immeasurable. Your authority is above all else, yet Your mercy endures throughout all generations. You have compassion on each and every soul, for You are Love and we know love because You have loved us perfectly.

"And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him...We love Him because He first loved us." (1 John 4:16, 19)

Oh how dearly do I love Thee, Lord my God. There is none like You, no not one could ever compare. You know all, for You are the Author of all times. How I long to be close to Your tender loving heart. I'm eager to hear You whisper wondrous things in my ear, to breath Your awe-inspiring life into my soul.

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3)

You are coming. You're coming for us. You're coming to swipe out all sorrows and pain. Our futures are in You. Our destiny is for You.

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts." (Revelation 21:4-6)

You speak words that are only true and faithful, and these I hold dear to my heart. I cling to You, my God. I grab hold of Your promises and proclaim them over myself. You are faithful. You are coming. You are sovereign. You are my King, and I am Yours.

You make me new. Each day You cleanse me from my iniquities, because second chances are unrestricted when I'm bowed low in the Presence of Your throne of mercy. I am confident in my Saviour's redeeming love and atoning sacrifice, therefore forgiveness is never far. The Great Forgiver is who You are!

You're pouring out living waters into my soul. My spirit is becoming more and more alive each day, because Your Holy Spirit is living within me. I thirst for You, God. I thirst for more of You. I long to experience more of Your astonishing goodness and glory. And I know I shall, for You are unending and unrelenting in marvellousness. I trust that even while it's quiet in my life now, You're filling me with more of You. Thank You, Lord. I will wait, wait on You.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story