Battle

   How did I get here? I'm drowning. Everything is spinning out of control. I feel out of breath. I can't breathe. The only words I can gasp are, "Help me, Lord."
   I'm worn and sick of living this way. I can't keep this up. I can't pretend everything is okay. I will not do this anymore. I'm not able to fight this alone. I need, You, Lord. Come and rescue me. You're my Savior, and I know You're my only hope.
   You've assured me time and time again, that You'll never leave me. "Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God my salvation." (Psalms 27:9)
   All this time I've been trying to do this myself. But today, Lord, I give this to You. I know You can handle it much better than I can. I shouldn't try to grip my life with white knuckles anymore. I should not try to control every tiny aspect. I shouldn't fear.


   I come before You broken. I've put up an effort for far too long. I need peace, God. Send me Your peace. "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
   Please hold me in Your arms. I know everything will be just fine when I'm with You. Nothing can harm me when You're leading the way. Take control of my mind. Flood my thoughts and drench my soul with Your grace, O God. I'm desperate for You.

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace