Freedom From Fear

   Fear. Fear has always been a burden in my life. I don't understand why I've let it control me for so long. Fear is why I almost died. Fear is the polar opposite of freedom. Why do I choose the filthy lies over redemption? Because I'm afraid.
   Fear is the enemy's way of stealing our joy. He doesn't want us to live in freedom. He wants us to be miserable. He enjoys it when we are hurting. Whenever we grieve he attacks twice as hard. He desperately searches for ways to get us discouraged. If you think what he is saying to you is true, think again, because the enemy is nothing but a liar. "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
   Satan's goals are that of destruction and misery, but God desires for us to be free and have joy. Now, I don't know about you, but I'd rather listen to what Jesus has to say and live in peace and faithfulness than have to constantly be tyrannized by someone who wants me dead. Jesus is for us, not against us. You can trust in Him. "Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The Lord gives freedom to the prisoners." (Psalms 146:7)
   If you've been feeling as if you're a prisoner like I have, it's time we come to Jesus. It's time we give Him our fears. He will gladly take them off of our shoulders. You see, when we walk around this earth constantly being crushed by burdens, God's heart aches. It makes Him sad to see our bondages. Come to Him. Lets be set free."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story