Wake Me Up

   I've been senseless for far too long. I've been needing a revelation. I need a breakthrough. I need to break through the chains. But I can't do it myself. I need You, God. I am weak, but You, God, You are strong. Help me wake up.
   Wake me up from my old days. Break away my sinful ways. Hold me in Your love, and tell me it's going to be okay. I'm going to make it, because nothing can take away the promises You've given. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's where I'm going. Where I'll stand at the end of my days, is worth the long walk.
   Sometimes You give me a preview to motivate me. Almost as if You're saying, "Don't give up. We can get through this together. Just hold My hand, and everything will be alright." Your voice is soft and comforting. You give me hope for the days to come.
   "For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)


   I have faith that You will never let me go, Lord. I know You can wake me up from this blur of ailments. I know You are willing to take my burdens. Take my fear, God. I trust in You.

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace