Carry Us


Carry Us:

"My eyes have grown dim with grief; my whole frame is but a shadow." (Job 17:7) 

Has sorrow overtaken you? Are you blinded by brokenness? Is it pouring down so heavily that you can't see through the storm? It's okay. We've all been there. 

"My face is red with weeping, dark shadows ring my eyes" (Job 16:16) 

Brokenness so extreme, that eyes are shot red and cheeks chapped from streaming tears of anguish. Job's eyes were dimmed with grief. I'm sure it was very difficult, if not impossible, to see any trace of hope in his situation. All had been taken away from him. Job felt completely forsaken. 

"Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as one pleads for a friend." (Job 16:19-21)

I've never seen these three verses before, but that is the joy of the Biblical treasure hunt! In the thick of all the tribulation, Job reminds himself of his witness in heaven. His witness is pleading and interceding with God on his behalf. Christ intercedes for us as well, and God promises to never leave nor forsake us. 

"Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." (Romans 8:34) 

So now, who is pleading your particular case before God? Who is defending you in your time of weakness? Christ Jesus is! It is written that all who draw near to God will be saved by His intercession. 

"but because Jesus lives for ever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:24-25) 

Where do we fix our dimmed eyes? Who can fill our shadowed hearts with the Light of life? To Whom can we turn and find a sure foundation? 

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I shall not be shaken." (Psalm 16:8) 

Dim eyes bring demise, but eyes to Christ are raised to life. My God is a lamp for me, and He shrouds me in safety. He will carry me through these battles. What is expected of me? Simply trust, rest, and faith over forfeit. I can stand my ground in this storm, but only by fixating my floundering fearful self on a faithful Father. I cannot finish the race by throwing in the towel and giving up. I can however go miles further when I surrender and stand still in His mighty hands. 

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14) 

Let Him lead you. Let God turn the pit of despair into a triumphant testimony. Lift your head up from the mess to the Messiah. Lean into Him. Learn to trust Him wholeheartedly. Don't keep flailing and fighting, because God is FOR you and not against you. Remember these things. 

God will never abandon you. He will never forsake you. Jesus is in the Presence of the Lord right now, interceding for you. You are still loved and cherished. There is still forgiveness for any and all sins. God will always welcome you back into His arms. You need only to run to Him. 

Remember that the world brings troubles and sorrow, but Jesus Christ had overcome the world! Rejoice in knowing that in Him, we too can overcome all this.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story