He Knows The Plan


He Knows The Plan:

"For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Grace! How can it be! That God would take little lost me to transform into a masterpiece. How gentle, how sweet, I worship at the Creator's feet. He who made my mess into His righteousness. How good and how pure! I am His, and this is sure.

I never would've imagined this miracle God has done for me in my life. This life was once so broken, so empty, so... disconnected. Until one day, God decided that He missed me. He missed the time that I spent in His Presence, marvelling at all of HIM. His beauty, splendour, glory. He wanted me to come back. He wanted to show me all that He is. That He is faithful, loving, gentle, and kind in heart.

"the Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love." (Psalm 103:8)

Love abounds, even when pain surrounds. Sometimes it takes a dark night to see His light. And this is exactly what happened to me on July 6, 2012.

Drowning in my own sinfulness. So wrapped up in the deceitfulness of the enemy's attacks on my mind. I was falling, lost, and confused. I calculated to be doomed to a life of strife over matters that didn't really, well, matter. I needed my priorities to be prioritised. Badly.

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." (Psalm 145:8-9)

Compassion came and corrected, but gently. God is so gentle. He is so pure in heart. There is not even a trace of malicious motive in Him whatsoever.

How did I cope? How did I cope with being separated from my family, locked up in a hospital corridor with no familiarities to bring comfort? God and God alone. He became my comfort, my refuge, and my safe hiding place.

"My salvation and my honour depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." (Psalm 62:7-8)

He revealed to me so much. He revealed His love, the way it's completely unconditional and passionately pursuing. He revealed my gift, the way I connect to Him with a pen and paper. Writing became a newfound passion in my life. But, most importantly, God Himself became my passion. His goodness imparted in my soul, His love planted in my spirit. I couldn't help but overflow with it all. How could I not? How could I go on in my hurt, knowing the antidote for the anxiety and aching, and yet still watch as those around me suffered with anguish and resentment. They needed to know.

Confined into consolation, but a strange sensation of safety and security of which I could not get enough. We endured. Together. God saw me through. He prospered me into a new season. From uncertainty to uncertainty in circumstantiality. But one thing was of the utmost certainty. God was and is always with me. No event, season, or storm can ever make God change His mind. He loves. Never changing, never ending, and forever pressing onward.

Flash forward to now. Two years, two weeks, and two days later. I can confidently look back on all the dark and foggy moments, the raging seas, the things that slashed my heart into pieces, and the things that I simply didn't understand their reason for occurring, and I can say, "God is still so, so good."

"I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me." (Psalms 13:6)

Writing. Everyday is a new day to pen the words, express the passion, and let the awestruck soul inside overflow His marvels onto others, because a revelation this great can't be selfishly kept to just myself.

And this is where the VRSLY app comes into action. I discovers VRSLY a few months ago, and instantly fell in love. I've always been one who thought that typography was such a beautiful gift. However, I am no pro myself, so that's when God got to putting the puzzle pieces together in my mind. I'm no artist, that's not my gift, but I am a writer. (The awestruck soul giggles at this statement "I am a writer", because it's simply so incredible what God has made from such a fall.)

How can I apply what God has given me? How are You going to use this, God? I give this to you.

Weeks upon weeks of daily devotionals that are written solely dependent upon the grace and goodness of God were born from this humble little iPhone app. God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

"‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

I'm amazed at what He has done in my life. Coming from one who used to detest reading, and struggle with the writing prompts in grade school, I can honestly say that God has made me completely brand new.

Are you willing to let God make you into a brand new masterpiece? Are you tired of feeling empty, alone, and disconnected? It's time to come back to the source of abundant Life. It's time to return to the Wellspring of Life found only in Christ our Lord.

Don't fear the hand of God coming in and restoring the life that is so broken now. In time, you'll come to see that all God does truly is for our good. He knows the plan!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph Taken By: Jon Courville

You can dowoad the VRSLY app in the iPhone AppStore for 99¢. I highly, highly recommend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story