Wait for the Lord


Wait For The Lord:

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" (Isaiah 30:18) 

This time is a season of patience. Rest and patience are my companions as I venture into unknown territory. All seems to be slipping out of control, and that is how it should feel. These trust journeys are working to build my faith. How can I see improvements in my trusting if I'm the one in charge over every circumstance? Don't I know Who is? Have I forgotten that the Faithful One is governing all events? 

He permits what He permits, and it's all for good. Quiet times, they're for the good of my spirit. Chaotic and confusing times, they are working towards a beautiful result. 

"Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy." (John 16:20) 

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't seem fair. Why would God allow for this? 

"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

Nothing that occurs surprises the Lord. I will rest assured that He is in control. I'm thankful that I don't have to try to control my life. I've realised that when I try to be the one in charge, I make mistakes and bring about my own destruction. So I'll wait on God, and trust that all this grieving will turn to great gladness. 

I'll wait on You, Lord. I'll delight in the beauty of Your Word, sing the melodies of Your praise songs, and surrender all this hurt to you. 

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17) 

My Lord is right here in the middle of all my sorrow. He is the durable centre where I will secure my anchor. I shan't be moved from this place. My Heavenly Father is overseeing my troublesome time. He is working on my behalf even in the worst of this storm. Is there ever a moment I cannot trust in Him? 

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes." (Psalms 118:6, 8-9) 

What can man do to me? Maybe a more modern translation could be: what can cancer do to me? What can financial distress do to me? What can eviction do to me? What can kidney disease do to me? It is better to trust in the Lord than to place confidence in circumstances. 

Quiet my soul, for I know the truth. The Lord, He is on my side. It may feel like icy cold isolation and betrayal in this struggle right now, but God has not and will not ever abandon. He still has a miraculous plan for all this, and He hasn't turned away from me. 

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." (Jeremiah 29:11-12) 

He not only has hope stored up in my days to come, but He has turned His merciful ear toward me to hear all of my concerns. God listens intently to every matter that weighs on my wearied heart. I shall bring fears into the Light of His Presence, confess His sure-fire faithfulness, and recall all of His goodness towards me. 

"The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him." (Nahum 1:7) 

Frame it on the wall of my heart. Lord, You are good. You're my refuge, and You're my strength. All my physical strength has left me, and vitality feels to be draining rapidly. However, I won't hang up my hope. I will strain on towards that promise of seeing my Saviour face to Face. I will call upon Your strength, because Your strength is made perfect in all my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). I will wait, O my sovereign God, on You alone.

"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" (Psalms 27:14)

Strengthen this weary heart, Lord. Give me the courage to make it through to the other side of all this mess. I will give all of me over to You. I will wait on You.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace