You Carry Me


You Carry Me:

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." (Jeremiah 31:3)

Everlasting. His everlasting love has followed me. Up to this point, I've not known a day that did not hold an above and beyond supply of His everlasting love and perfect patience. Though the skies open up and hurl valiantly aggressive torrents towards me, I am shielded by the Shalom of my Saviour.

"He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." (Deuteronomy 32:4)

He commits no wrongdoing. It's one of those things that we may never fully grasp. His ways are unsearchable, yet still they are unadulterated. Wherever you may be today, you may feel tempted to argue. You may be pleading desperate questions, "If God's ways are just and He is faithful, why am I here? Why did this happen to me?"

God feels the aches that plague your heart. He hears your tearful cries. He is not going to leave you on your own. No matter how scary, miserable, or painful your situation, God is right beside you upholding you by His mighty hand and carrying you through the raging storm.

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

The darkness of these dreadful days begins to drag its dismally disheartening drapes of desolation over me. Before the deep and dreary depression can consume me, I'll turn to the Light of my Lord in trusting expectation. "I know that You're stronger..." whispers my mustard seed faith.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalms 27:1)

He strengthens my weakening heart, and lights up the way before me. No thing can separate me from His Love (Romans 8:38-39). My gracious God consoles me in times of grief, and He fills my heart up with joy and hope. He is righteous and ready to redeem all of this madness into merciful marvellousness.

"Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies"
(Psalms 103:4)

Destruction's grip thrusts out towards me yet again. Again... The five-lettered word punches me in the gut, because I should've known better, but I didn't. Somehow, I've fallen down *again* to the depths of destruction. I begin to feel the snare of the sniper, the agonising accusations of an unrelenting assassin, and I wonder... How did I get down here... Again?

Though I'm weak and strength is dwindling, He is courageously strong and mighty in all my fears and weaknesses. I need not dread these times of weakness because when I'm weak, that's when God can demonstrate His glorious power through me.

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

I can take pleasure in the midst of all this dizzying distress knowing that I'm carried in the arms of my Sovereign Saviour. I am confident that He will fight these battles for me and win them victoriously, because He is the One True Almighty God.

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:13-14)

Be still, O my soul, be still. The Lord your God is in this place. He is compassionate on this crumbling heart, and faithful to carry you through. He shall not ever leave your side, and He will never forsake you in your weakness. He will wipe the tears from this face, and pour out His saving grace upon you. Have no fear, for the Lord your God is near.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story