The One I Love


The One I Love:

"O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water." (Psalms 63:1)

I have tasted and seen that there is none other like You, O God. There is no wellspring abundant like You, and none are as sweet as the sweetness of Your mercy and grace. I formerly ran to the other streams in life. I once came to their banks tired, weary, and desperate with desert like thirst, but their waters did not quench my thirst. Only You can drench my soul with a divine downpour of grace. Only You can satisfy me.

"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

Can these minute worldly waters produce in me eternal reward? No, certainly not. The distractions and discontent I receive from them are far more taxing on my dry and cracked soul soil. I'm in need of a torrential monsoon to nourish this land. I'm longing to come to the Creator, and not the creation, for the renewal I need.

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Revelation 22:1-2)

My heart is lost in the wonder of Your ways, Lord. Nothing else will please my spirit, but to drawn on You and You alone for every one of my needs. In You alone, we can find all we need to heal these lands. Not just the land in our hearts, but the nations that so desperately need revival.

In the threshold of Your abundance and compassion, I am overwhelmed. This earth is devoid of what can honestly feed my soul desire, for You are the One I truly love.

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." (Psalms 37:4)

You are my desire, so why do I so easily drift off? Why do I so readily stray from the course and dip my toes in the waters of the other rivers that don't satisfy? Patience and commitment. Every loving relationship takes time, patient endurance, and unswerving dedication.

I must translate the soul's plea for devotion to God to the mind. Then flesh must be crucified, for the flesh is an unruly, untamed, and self-seeking beast. I must take all that is within me, and surrender it up to You, my Lord.

"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him" (Psalms 37:5-7)

When I commit my corrupt, you renew me to righteousness. Then the confinement is undone, and to You I will run.

I'm here revelling in Your streams of mercy. Your grace, it rushes over me with redemptive power. You are making me new. Each day that I come thirsty, You refresh me. Not a moment passes when You tell me to figure things out on my own. I am filling leaning into You, my Lord, my Love. I am forever devoted to you, and You are forever inviting me into Your glorious, unconditional Love.

"And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:17)

"Come!" He calls to you. Hungry souls simply need the nourishment found only in the Lord Himself. Thirsty souls have simply lived too far from His streams of mercy and Living Waters for too long. We're not meant to live apart from God. We're made for Him, to love Him, worship Him, and bring Him glory.

Come to the water of life, the stream of abundance found only in the Lord. You will discover the One true Source of real, never ending and never changing Love in God the Father alone. His love never runs dry. You will never thirst again when you live in the constant current of His love and grace.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph Taken By: Rosette Claire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story