Fight On


Fight On:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)

Temptation presses unrelentingly on the walls of your soul, gripping and choking your courage and strength. You hear screaming agony blaring loudly, but behind all the madness you hear My faint whisper...

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

Rest...

Let your fear-fogged mind find perfect peace and relaxation in the flowing rivers of My grace, mercy, and security. I will keep you safe and protected.

"He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters...Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalms 23:2, 4)

Oh yes, My dear one, though the world's lies linger in the mist of your worried wondering, I offer you clarification. The road ahead of you feels unsteady, and that's okay, because I will be your Guide. You needn't know every twist and turn along the trail, for I am the One who holds the roadmap.

Your job, My child, is to fight for rest. Your job is to cast every care at the foot of My cross. It's a long, hard, and wearying uphill battle to fight temptations and fears alone. That's why I never intended for you to do it on your own. Instead, I purpose for you to fight the feelings of self-reliance and come to Me in all your messy desperationI will fight for you!

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest." (Exodus 14:14)

Fight on, but don't fight these wars I never intended for you. Fight your flesh's striving to be independent from My saving. I've got this. I will sort out all the nitty gritty details, therefore you need not fret over the presumed uncertainties. Nothing is unclear or unpredictable for Me. Allow Me to be your constant assurance. You need only fight for rest and trusting dependence. I will lead you through every storm, and you shall come through victoriously!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story