Jesus - Δουλος - Humble Servant


Jesus - Δουλος - Humble Servant:

"You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross." (Philippians 2:5-8)

I love how the Holy Spirit kept the theme of Pastor Spurling's message at Gateway Church this weekend. I opened up my MacBook to see this... Jesus Christ... Humble Servant. The Greek word written here is δουλος and it is translated "slave" in the verse above.

How marvellous! Jesus took on the humble position of a slave so that we might become free. In fact, right now as I type, I'm wearing my Walk in Love shirt that reads: I AM SET FREE.

Thank You, Jesus! Thank You for Your obedience even to death on the Cross. Because of Your sacrifice, I'm no longer held in bondage. If it weren't for Your atonement, I would be lost and my life nothing but a sorrowful memory. But You have redeemed me. You have cleansed me of all my former unrighteousness, and You've given me a new life with true hope. Nothing can take away from Your gift, O Holy Saviour.

Thank You Jesus, Divine Humble Servant, we shall forever praise You! Be exalted! Be exalted O King of Heaven! Our voices ring with Your praises... All for Your glory... All because of Your sacrifice. Thank You Jesus.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace