New Day New Mercies


New Day New Mercies:

"Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!" (Lamentations 3:22-23)

His mercies never end. I rattle my soul within me, as though trying to awaken it, exhorting, "It's a new day, and the Lord's mercies have been refreshed for you yet again! His favour rises upon you with the rising sun. Awake O soul, rise from yesterday's ashes into the glorious goodness He has planned for THIS day!"

"But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God." (Nehemiah 9:31)

Gracious and merciful You are O Lord! I praise Thee alone! For none can compare to the vastness of Your glory and splendour. None can compare to the glory and wonder of the Lord.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

You have made Your dwelling among us sinners. You, in all Your magnificence and holiness, are living in us, sinners prone to degradation and disobedience. Mercy and patience like no other, that You would enliven our hearts of cold stone from deadness unto the abounding joy and eternal life of salvation and restoration.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

I'm not merely repaired in Christ, I'm renewed in Christ. God doesn't just "make-do" with my brokenness, He makes NEW!

His mercies never falter, and they never cease to flood me day after day. The more I yield every area of my life to His unyielding grace and compassion, the more I can experience the true joy of abundance and freedom from the ghastly grip of the fears that once controlled me with an unforgiving vengeance.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalms 16:11)

You're the Lord who gives gracious gifts. You bless and provide generously, not sparingly. I worry because I wonder. I wonder, "What if God doesn't want to bless me?" But, as with every situation, Scripture puts my ferocious fretting to rest.

"...Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn you and continued My faithfulness to you." (Jeremiah 31:3)

God, I believe. I believe that today, and every single day to come, You're continuing the astounding wonder that is Your great faithfulness unto me. I trust. I trust that You are sensitive to my every concern, and You care about each one. I rejoice. I rejoice in the truth that I am free to live a life of abundance and rest. Yes, God, You bless me with abundance and rest. Oh, soul, embrace that abundance and rest.

I declare Your great faithfulness and unending goodness over EVERY part of my life. Not just a few areas, but all areas. Not one little thing goes unnoticed or uncovered by Your marvellous mercy. I give You thanks and I give You praise for all the days of my life.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story