Sabbath Sunday Surrender


Sabbath Sunday Surrender:

"One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple." (Psalms 27:4)

Another week draws to its conclusion. A new week is just around the corner. Lord, we come into Your Presence this day, and we devote our hearts to seek You. We come to the Well, we're thirsty for more. We come to Your throne, bowed down we adore.

"Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God." (Revelation 21:3)

Be with us, so closely and intimately, yet again, O God. See our desperation, and come with compassion to care for Your people. Unhinge the gates that contain Your Living Waters, and let Your righteousness rain down on us. Oh come closer, Lord, and lead us in the Light of Your glory and goodness.

"I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." (Isaiah 42:16)

On this serene Sabbath Sunday, I surrender to the invitation into Your loving arms. Surround me, O Lord, with the sensation that is Your astonishing Love. Guard this week with the might of Your powerful mercy and grace.

"The Lord will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies." (Isaiah 42:13)

When we surrender, You take charge over the opposing forces in our lives. You call them out, grab them by the collars of their shirts and hurl them out with victorious vigour. You are our Saviour!

You are far more powerful than we could ever imagine. You are much more personal than we have yet experienced. Ah, yes, Heavenly Father, we shall find peace in our surrendering.

I surrender, Oh Father, I surrender to Thee. I know that Your favour watches over me, so I will choose to surrender to Thee. Oh how great You are, my Lord!

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God, And the great King above all gods." (Psalms 95:1-3)

We enter into this week, not on our own strength, but dependent upon His mercy. We begin a new journey today, embracing the wonderfully mysterious reality of His unyielding grace. We sing praise, for our minds and our hearts are utterly overwhelmed by the rushing downpour of His blessings. Hallelu Yah! We rest and rejoice today.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace