I've Tasted and Seen the Light of Your Delivering Love


I've Tasted and Seen the Light of Your Delivering Love:

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalms 34:17)

You hear my cry of distress, my cry out of this crushing confusion. You hear me, O God, You listen and You light the way that leads to freedom. You will deliver me from this disquietude. You have delivered me.

You have delivered me from the snares of darkness. The menacing snarl of misery, this burden, has been broken off. You lift me from desolation and place me on Your path of peace and never-dimming light - true light which the darkness around can never overshadow.

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (John 1:4-5)

Cast away these shadows that hold me hostage. Carry me into the promises of these tomorrows You have planned for me. I know in You there's always hope, a hope so close I can almost taste it. Refuge is near, so near in Your arms of love and light.

I am safe now. Oh disturbed soul within, take heart, for the King over all has cleared the path. Darkness He has deleted, and death He has defeated.

"This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" (Psalms 34:6-8)

I feel like this part in specific needs repeating - especially for me tonight:

"The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them." The angel army of our wondrous Almighty Sovereign Saviour is surrounding us. Above darkness, above distress, the God of Light encircles us.

Life everlasting, light never-fading, love never-ending. You're here with me now. Your grace covers over me. This cloak of Your radiance clothes me. Hallelu Yah.

In the midst of the bewildering battle surrounding, I draw myself back and fall into Your arms of marvellous mercy. Breathe, oh wearied soul, breathe in His Presence which encompasses you even now. Hallelu Yah.

I have tasted. I have seen. The powerful strength of this Love of Christ. It never falters, never diminishes. Your glorious greatness never tarnishes, never falls away from me. I trust. I trust in this truth. I trust in the Saviour, for He is delivering me out of every sorrow, every turbulence of this tainted world.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace