Receiving God's Great Gifts


Receiving God's Great Gifts:

"Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations." (Psalms 100:3-5)

We are His people. We are the Lord God Almighty's chosen children. What a wondrous truth in which we boldly live! He has redeemed us to Himself and brought us into His own family. Our home is found in His courts and in His arms. We're covered by His love and never failing forgiveness.

I'm overwhelmed to be standing here in this rushing river of glorious grace.
~~~~
God, You are all this life needs, all this heart craves, and all this soul seeks. You're everything to me. Regardless of my circumstances, I always find peace that surpasses all understanding in Your Presence.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

You're my comforter and my shield, O God. You calm me by whispering, "Be anxious for nothing." You assure me, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things." (Matthew 6:34) Your promise is to "supply all [my] need according to [Your] riches in glory." (Philippians 4:19) What a sure foundation I have in You, Lord.

You're my Saviour and Hero, but You're also my dearest Friend. Through every season of my life, You've been right beside me, Lord. I am confident that in every season and every struggle to come, You'll continue to remain by my side and on my team. You are so good to me, and Your mighty power working within me shall never lose its potency. I have faith in the true, trustworthy, and unchanging qualities of You my Lord.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures." (James 1:17-18)

Every good and perfect gift is from our Heavenly Father. He has proven His goodness and faithfulness in countless ways. However, the greatest Gift He's freely given to us as believers is Christ our Lord. As our beloved Saviour, He came and paid the price on our behalf. This is grace. This is true freedom. This is what Love is all about. Jesus gave up everything for us. He humbled Himself low, so that we may receive the crown of life which takes us higher up into the wonder of God's unprecedented glory.

"I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life." (John 5:24 AMP)

It's only by the power of the blood of the Lamb of God that we find forgiveness. We've received true healing in His name, we're covered in compassion by the shadow of His wings, and we are redeemed to be in His righteousness.

"But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness ... Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did" (Romans 4:5,16-17)

There is One true Hope, and His name is Jesus. There is only One God of grace, and He has called us into His intimate embrace. We're His forever, and nothing shall ever separate us.

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:37-39)

Today, let's all live like who we really are: we are the redeemed and we are more than conquerors through Christ. Never forget this place where we stand - in unsurpassable grace space - is made possible by faith alone and not by our own capability to be righteous. The darkness of our pasts has been swept clean - farther than the east is from the west. We're made new because of the atonement which Jesus provided for us. What a true blessing to live in this state of unending grace! Let's receive His marvellous gifts today with gladness and gratitude. Hallelujah!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace