My Mighty Defender


My Mighty Defender:

"But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father–[it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just, Who conforms to the Father's will in every purpose, thought, and action]." (1 John 2:1 AMP)

O Heavenly Father, how at fault I feel. The mistakes I've made, the shameful deeds I've done... Condemnation and fear, they wear away at my heart. Bitter emotions, they tear me apart. Oh take me back, back to the start. The start of Your mercy, flowing from Your Heart.

"Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." (Lamentations 3:23)

You never give up on me; Your faithfulness endures even when my whole life feels falling apart.

When I'm drowning, You're still defending. When I'm losing, You're still leading. When I'm falling, You're the One fighting for me. When I'm sinking, You will save me. You will come to my rescue. You promise hope. You whisper to me, "This isn't the end... This is just the beginning."

In You, I have constant assurance, steadfast, immovable joy and truth. You are my Way, You are my Truth, You are my Light, and You are my life. You defend me before the throne of God the Father, for by Your precious blood I'm cleansed and redeemed.

Now I'm family. I'm running into Your arms, yet You're dwelling in my heart. I am in You, and You are in me. What a glorious mystery!

"But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God’s entire house. And we are God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ." (Hebrews 3:6)

"He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Saviour Jesus poured out new life so generously. God’s gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there’s more life to come—an eternity of life! You can count on this." (Titus 3:7 MSG)

This atonement You gave for me is the unsearchable wonder of the glorious power of Christ in me. This is the hope of the future coming glory. You are my future and my freedom. You are my destination and my delight. I will cling to You, my great and mighty Defender.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace