The Perfect One


The Perfect One:

"And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him" (Hebrews 5:9)

Lord, I place everything at Your feet. Even if I'm no great musician or singer, I will always live to worship You in spirit and truth (John 4:24). In Heaven, I know I'll sound beautiful, even angelic! But for right now, I trust that You take utmost delight in my songs to You, even more than an orchestral symphony. You take delight in my imperfect song. How great You are, my God.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

So often I'm afraid... I fear the terror of others knowing my raw imperfections... So easily I forget that Your perfect love has renewed me. Your perfect love casts out my every fear, even my fear of being rejected. Rejected because of my weakness? Why, this is precisely why You've called me chosen. Your strength is the perfect match for my neediness. Through all my nothingness, Your glory is magnified. In all my imperfection, Your great splendour is perfected and magnified. I am accepted in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:6). I am all Yours, Lord, I surrender to Your perfect love.

Yours. All that I am is Yours. Your perfect love fulfilled on that Cross poured out and cleansed all my retched imperfections, impurities, and immoralities. It's only by the messy, imperfect scene of the Cross - Your death for my purification - that I'm made whole in heart. ImmanuelPerfect OneImperfect humanity is conformed to Your holiness by the power of Your perfect propitiation.

Imperfections are transformed by His majesty... Immanuel is perfect... Immortally perfect. This new covenant means that I'm made perfect because of His perfect love.

"Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thank You Jesus, You've set us free from the chains of our own fallible flesh. Oh how earnestly I seek to be with You! You're all my heart desires. You've set me free, You're my everything, You are better, stronger, and You are everlasting! It's in Your mighty, perfect, Name above every name I pray, Amen!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story