The Lord is My Banner


The Lord is My Banner:

"And Moses built an altar and called its name, The- LORD -Is-My-Banner" (Exodus 17:15)

Whatever the bank statements, news reports, or test results say, I will be constantly confessing, "The Lord is my banner, I shall not fear. The Mighty God of Jacob is my banner, I will not be defeated. My Sovereign Saviour, He is the One who goes before me and stands behind me - my gracious guide and my strong rear guard. He is the One who saves me, what can earthen powers do to me?"
~
"I called on the LORD in distress; The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Psalms 118:5-6)

When the Lord God Himself is my banner, I'm sheltered from the storms. His wings cover over me. When the Mighty King above all kings is my banner, I sing a new song of renewed hope. No outside force can thieve away the peace He places inside of me. When Jehovah my Joy becomes the banner waving above my head, others in despair can see His goodness gleaming in the light.

"He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you." (Psalms 91:4-7)

The ever-increasing gladness He promises begins to unravel before my eyes. And the best part is? It's a gift to be shared. One cannot hide or conceal this banner of exultation so bright and hopeful. Raise it high! Raise high the Banner of the Lord!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace