My Peaceful Provider


My Peaceful Provider:

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters." (Psalms 23:1-2)

Lately, the Holy Spirit has really been speaking deep into my heart about this particular passage of Scripture. Psalms 23, a classic isn't it? But we mustn't allow the genuineness of this miraculous truth to slip past us on the slopes of familiarity.

A truth and promise this divine is not meant to merely braise our fears with faith, but strike them right in the very core of their sources, penetrating and paralyzing them once and for all!

It must become a daily proclamation in order for it to become a spiritual manifestation. This glorious reality has to be an ongoing declaration before it can become our solid foundation - our refuge in times of attack and struggle.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalms 23:4)

How could David have such unshaken confidence in the Lord as to profess, "I will fear no evil..."? The answer is revealed in the words immediately subsequent, "For You are with me..."

God was with David, even in the valley of the shadow of death! If we're honest, would we really be able to stare death in the face and tell it, "I have no fear of your coldly grievous empty threats!"? With unwavering certainty?

With deep roots, rooted in His sure-fire salvation, roots running so far down in fertile, richly satisfying soil - anchored hope in Christ and the faithfulness of his God, David was brave. Brave enough to laugh at the mockery that is death's poor, defeated stance? Certainly! How?

In view of God's glorious, immaculate victory and grandeur... In the light of His Light, all darkness seems to fade so seamlessly...

Why? Because He is stronger, He is everlasting, and He is kinder. By His unfailing compassions, we are not consumed nor are we forsaken. From the very beginning, God is who He is, and who He is is the Great I Am, the God of Love unfailinglife unending, and grace unfaltering. This grace is the Solid Rock upon which we can all - each and every single one of us - boldly proclaim, "O death, where is your sting?"

He comforts us, and He leads us beside still waters. He quiets us with His call, "Even when the storm around you rages so relentlessly, draw near to Me. Draw close to My pure and peaceful Heart, and I will show you My streams of mercy. They overflow with goodness for you, can't you see? I've prepared the way for you, and I've prepared a table for you. Come, sit down and unwind from the wearying path you're traversing. Come taste and see that I am good, for all I have prepared for you is established with My undeniable love and graciousness. I Am the God of eternal, abundant blessings. I Am the God from Whom all blessings flow. I am generous with you. Come, let Me be your peaceful provider."

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever." (Psalms 23:5-6)

His goodness and His faithfulness shall never leave our side. His promises are unable to be uprooted, and His love is not capable of deceiving us. Every part of His pure character we can trust wholeheartedly. There is no impurity in Him whatsoever.

His provision is not only perfect and covers over every need we could even think of, but it's also saturated with pure peace. He is our Lord, our Good Shepherd who leads us beside His still, calming waters of unmistakable mercy. Trust Him today. Trust in His peaceful provision.
~
O my Father, how good and pure and lovely Thou art! Your beauty is unmatchable, Your splendour is uncontainable, and Your kindness is unfathomable. Thank You for Your unwavering promises. In Your great faithfulness we place our everything. Hallelujah... Selah...


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace