Have Faith


Have Faith:

"Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, extend to the skies, and Your faithfulness to the clouds." (Psalm 36:5)

As my eyes open on this Monday morning, it's easy for my focus to be fiercely fixed on fearfulness. Instead, I choose to fix my focus on all His faithfulness. I know this week will have its challenges and difficulties, but if I'll just draw back, back into this moment right NOW, I can see that He is here in the midst of me. His Presence hasn't left my side.

Now, if I look back, not to see regret or shame, but to see that He has been faithful in EVERYTHING, then I'll find courage and hope. Ever since the start of this journey, He's been nothing but faithful, loving, and filled with mercy.

"He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield." (Psalms 91:4)

You covered me in gracious faithfulness then, and I feel it now, You're still protecting me. What about the near (and even distant) future? Your unending love and unfailing faithfulness shall still shield me unyieldingly. This I know for sure, Your faithfulness endures forever.

"For His faithful love to us is great; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Hallelujah!" (Psalms 117:2)

Hallelujah indeed! So I know there's grace cloaking this daunting week ahead. I know that God's in every moment, and His grace will be my comfort.

His love will lead me through this unknown territory. No matter what the fogginess appears like from where I stand today, God will always, always clear the way!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

All in all, God has a perfect plan in store. If I tried to rely on only what I can plan, I'd be in a world of trouble! I would be so ridden with fear, worry, panic, and resentment. But with God directing my steps, showing me the path to take, I can have perfect peace, hope, and gentle, forgiving kindness.

Lastly, I know that just because I abandon my white-knuckling, controlling tendencies, doesn't mean the worst is going to happen. In fact, it opens up the way for just the opposite. When I release fear and hand everything I hold dear over to the Lord, He's going to simply WOW me.

He delights in us, and His heart is moved when we place the things we cherish into His hands rather than gripping them in our own possessive hands. This is an act of true, trusting worship.

When we place these things into His hands, we're saying, "Father, I can't carry this on my own two shoulders. I need Your divine help. I need You to come right here into this very situation, and take care of this for me. I trust that Your faithfulness is enough, Your faithfulness is strong, and You're for me! You are on my side, so there's no need for me to fear Your heart. Your heart is moved by my trusting surrender."

"And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." (Psalms 9:10)

I am seeking You, O Heavenly Father. I am turning my eyes away from the temptations, the fears, and the lies. I'm fixating my focus on You and Your faithfulness. I place my trust firmly in You, for I know You will never trick me or lead me astray. Your faithfulness endures throughout all circumstances. I have nothing to fear, because You're here and You're working on my behalf. I trust YOU.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace