Joy.


Joy:

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full." (John 15:11)

From day one, You've beckoned me on. From the start, You have cheered for me, rooted for me, and fought victoriously for me. This is Who You are. You are Sovereign, yet intimate to me. You are more than my words could ever write, for my understanding and comprehension is simply too elementary and limited to grasp and behold the entirety of Your wonder.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

The mystery of Your majesty makes me complete. My spirit is filled and my soul satisfied in You, oh only You.

"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:4)

I'm never missing one thing needed. No, not one good thing have You removed from me, for You ARE good and Your Presence goes with me wherever I go. You're the goodness which overflows in my heart, You're my joy in this journey, to the end and from start.

"rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer" (Romans 12:12)

"But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves." (John 17:13)

The joy of the Lord is not simply supplied for a moment, but fulfilled for eternity - delivering an unending and sacred joy. No thing and no one can steal this joy away.

"Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you." (John 16:22)

Situations can be sorrowful, but in Jesus there's joy that endures - joy that sustains any saddened soul. I have no need to grip worldly "fulfilment" when Christ is my Cornerstone.

So, though there may be chaos surrounding, within me there's joy abounding.

"I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation." (2 Corinthians 7:4)

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalms 16:11)

You show me the path of life - full of exceeding joy and pleasures forevermore. Though I fear the obstacles and treacherous terrain ahead, You call me into Your mighty embrace. In You, I'm safe. In You, nothing is impossible.

In this time, I must take root. I believe that even when it storms relentlessly, Your grace and favour cover me undeservingly. I know that no matter the darkness around me, Your joy is still here. Your joy will never depart from my soul. This is all I need to know today; all I need right now, and all I'll need forever.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story