Nothing I Could do to Lose You


Nothing I Could do to Lose You:

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, I have continued to extend faithful love to you." (Jeremiah 31:3)

Everlasting love graces the waves of mercy which crash over my troubled soul. Your love is never ending. From the first moment of conception, You called me out by name and flooded me with love. You'll never stop or withhold Your love. Your love is a relentless rushing river that cannot be tamed or cut off.

"God told them, “I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!" (Jeremiah 31:3 MSG)

In the course of my life, many people have walked out on me. Time and time again, humans become angry and perturbed, building up walls of bitter resentment and strife. The fallen condition of our flesh creates fickle feelings of frustration and friction. But You, O Lord, You are patient, pure, and persevering.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4, 7)

You're always patient with me, Father. You've never stomped Your feet at me and crossed Your arms in fuming dispute. Rather, You're always ready to invite me into Your arms of grace, love, mercy, and truth. You have called me into Your family, and You've bestowed upon me the honour of being Your own.

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!" (1 John 3:1)

I am prone to perverseness, as humanity confines me in its poisonous prison. But despite my inadequacies, You still display Your divine love. Your amazing love and mercy stretch far and wide over the barren wasteland of my sorry soul. You take my emptiness and fill me with the fullness of Your goodness and grace. In You I'm made whole, and I'm made new.

"Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more" (Romans 5:20)

"For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace." (Romans 6:14)

The law that hindered me and put up a blockade, keeping me from the Throne of Mercy, has been torn down by the power released on Your Cross of victory. No longer must I fear Your "reactions" to my mistakes or any adverse repercussions, for now there's only grace. Grace covers over all. From the minute mess-ups to the monumental manipulative sins I commit, Your grace is fully sufficient.

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I rejoice in the truth, and the truth is there's nothing I could ever do that could take me away from You. Nothing separates. Not even the darkest, most detrimental wrongdoings of my past have any power to constrain the immense power of Your unending love.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

O Heavenly Father, how marvellous is Your mercy! How all consuming is the warming, life-igniting fire of Your faithful love! I praise You! I am leaning on You alone, my Lord. Only You are the One who carries me through this life, regardless of all my filthy sins. I give to You this offering of never-ceasing thanks.

This, however, is not nearly enough, for it is just a mere scratch off the surface of the great depths of gratitude woven in my heart. I lift up these hands and say, "Thank You my Lord! You're the One for me! You're the only One I need!"


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace