Taking the First Step


Taking the First Step:

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" (Psalms 34:8)

You're calling me, O Heavenly Father, to run full speed ahead into the fullness of Your goodness. What is there for me to fear? That You've lured me into treacherous trickery? That You've promised things You won't deliver? Certainly not! You are not a man of feeble flesh and bones. You are the the Great I AM, and You will never deceive me.

"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19)

When You speak to me, I can take hold of Your words and tuck them away into my heart. But don't let me just shove them into the corner of my heart, Lord, but do draw me out of the fear-cushioned comfort zone and into the remarkable realm of Your promises.

I want to jump free of these chains of doubt. I don't want to live suffocated by the cold and gruelling grip of fear. Lord, give me Your grace, for I know I am unable to live freely if I'm apart from You.

"But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”" (Matthew 19:26)

That promise. That promise alone is enough to secure my skittering soul. I know that on my own I will fail, but when I place all things in Your hands, O God, You will take care of every one. You are taking care of me, and I am becoming free. Praise Thee, O Heavenly Father, I give You praise!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace