Knowing the Lord

   There's almost always a word-war inside me head. A battle consisting of many dos and don'ts. The voices whirl round and round about. I start to feel dizzy with worries. What action should I take? Do I want to do this or that? All the chaos is reminiscent of a blaring siren. Sometimes I just want to depart from myself. I want to be freed from the agony of uncertainty.
   I know how hard it is to tune out the negativity of this fallen world; even more so to tune out the enemy's gunky, seething lies. Am I strong enough to ward off the temptations on my own? Not on your life! There is, however, someone who is 100% able to pull me out of the pit of despair. His name is Jesus. Precious, precious Jesus Christ. "Indeed it was for my own peace That I had great bitterness; But you have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back." (Isaiah 38:17)
   Surely I have been to the doorstep of death, and it was solely the grace of God that I am saved. He undeniably carried me through the stormy, and He kept my heart beating during the seemingly eternal nights. When torment would swell inside my very body, His gentle whisper was the only thing that saved my soul peace everything! I fully believe that if it weren't for the Lord's strength in me, I would no longer be on this earth. Exaggeration? Not a chance. I mean that.
   To this day, the Lord still picks me up and lifts me through the muck. Jesus Christ talks with me. We talk during the day, in the middle of the night when I'm troubled, and just plain 24/7. His pleasantly sweet words chime in, and I cannot help but be satisfied by His abundance. I could go on for ages how much I love Jesus. He says that I'm special to Him. You know what, aren't we all? God desires an intimate relationships with each and every single one of us.
   I consistently crave this relationship with Jesus. He is my joy and my strength, forever and always. "O God, You are my God; Early I will seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water." (Psalm 63:1)
   His Word is the fulfillment for which we all deeply yearn. He never ceases to amaze. "Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases." (Psalm 103:3)
   Take a moment to just lay in His arms. Embrace His everlasting love. You shall have great confidence in knowing that the Lord of lords wants to know you personally. He loves us so much. I wish I could tell everyone just how much He loves us. The greatest human love is a mere fraction of the love of our God and Savior.
   For many it can be a difficult concept to grasp, especially those who have previously been scarred by the hurtful words of others. Come to the Well. The Lord wants to set you free from all your hurt. He wants you to come and rest in His peace. Come abide in His mercy. For the Lord is a loving God. He is not easily angered, nor will He hold your sins against you.
   I pray that you all would come to truly know the Lord intimately and have the most refreshing relationship with Him. I will sing praises to the Lord my Savior all the days of my life and for all of eternity! Worship His great Name!

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace