Are We There Yet?

   Often times I disconnect myself from this world and mourn about how badly I miss my true home. I feel a longing to be up there, with Jesus, in Heaven. It's difficult not to feel jealous of those who have already entered the gates. I need a boost from my Father to keep my head up.
   I'm constantly asking, "When can I come be with You, Jesus?" I know that it's not my time now, but I can't help but be very homesick. It is another reminder that I'm just passing through here. It is further proof that we are not citizens of this earth. The world is temporary, but Heaven is eternal. Heaven is where we're destined to be, and nothing at all could ever take this from us.
   "For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!" (2 Corinthians 4:17)
   It is as if He is encouraging me to keep going, saying, "It will be over before you know it, My child. Don't give in. Push onward toward the prize that awaits you: spending eternity with Me." This gets me through some of the toughest times. 
   When I think that one day I'll meet Him face to face, my entire day is brightened. I become filled with His glorious Presence. It overwhelms me in the midst of my sorrows. He is here in my struggles. He is with me. He is with us. He cares.
   "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:27-28)
   Take a minute to think about this. Jesus says that He knows us. What does He mean by that? He means that He intimately knows us, and He feels our aching hearts. When you really, really know somebody, you care for that person. You probably even call him by your friend. When your friend is feeling sad, it makes you sad. This is exactly what God meant in this verse.
   Then, later on in that verse, He continues to say, "neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." I don't know about you, but those words paint a vivid picture in my mind. Jesus said that nobody can snatch us away from Him. He is holding us close the same way a loving parent holds a child with a broken heart.
   Think about that for a moment. God cares for us so much! When someone (namely the enemy!) attempts to attack us in anyway, God will protect us. He will fight the battles that rage around us. All He wants is for us to rest in His tender, loving arms. "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." (Exodus 14:14)
   Oh, I love when I find a verse that sums up exactly what I'm trying to say. It's like God steps in and says, "I've got one for this." So perfect.
   Next time you are longing to be in Heaven with Jesus, remember what He has promised to us. First, we will spend eternity with Him and nothing can take that away. Second, He is holding us always and telling us, "Everything will be okay, My child. We will make it through this. I've already won this battle. Just rest in My peace."
   Soon, it will seem like a blink. Soon we'll be home. Soon we will be there with Jesus, and worship at the feet of God. Blessings to you, for we are victorious in all things, by the blood of the Lamb.

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace