Renewing Rest in My Saviour

   Inside of me I can feel a blazing fire. It burns and rages more and more vigorously each and every day. I'm ready to be fully consumed by this glorious fire of God. "For our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:29)

   I may not always know what to say or write or even think sometimes, but I do know that God is my forever refuge. Because I am in Him, I am always secured and in the right place. When God looks at me, He sees His child. I am clothed with righteousness, because of Jesus Christ.

   "I delight greatly in the Lordmy soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." (Isaiah 61:10)

Oh Lord, You are my joy and song,
I will hide under Your wings all the day long.
Won't You keep me in Your perfect peace tonight,
Oh Lord, You are my heart's delight.

   So I'll give in to Your invitation towards You arms, Father, and find my renewal in Your love. I'll deny the calls of the demanding and chaotic world, so I can press my ear upon Your chest and listen to You calmly lull me to rest.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace