Be Still


Be Still:

"My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him." (Psalm 62:5)

Slow down, my wearied and burdened soul... Slow down... Enough fighting... Enough stubborn resisting... Submit, silently submit to your God, for He has made a path before you. You can walk in perfect peace, relying on and resting in His unending goodness and grace.

"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you." (Psalms 143:8)

My will for this world is released, and my hope is somehow resurrected in this relinquishing. As the heart, mind, and soul all agree His will be done, peace settles over me with an unearthly extent - a measure only Heaven can permit. That peace? The one passing my understanding?

"Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)

Peace that puts to rest the debilitating fears is planted inside my soul. At the very centre of my heart, a tiny seed of confident trust is planted. Held within is the very revolutionary resurrection power of God.

All-abandoning trust produces all-consuming peace, which burns away every anxious feeling of doubt or distress.

Oh Father, resurrect my wilted and discouraged spirit. Keep this weak heart beating. Let me mount up on Your wings and fly freely. Be my courage, that I might live this life bravely in Christ. Be my strength, that I may run like never before into the future You've promised.

"But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

There's that word again... Wait... Wait upon Him... Don't grasp for the reigns, but delight in His rest. Don't white-knuckle my own way, but invite Him to break every chain. How do I break free? How do I be all You've made me to be? What does living unburdened look like? Will it be worth this effort?

"Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act." (Psalms 37:7)

Be still... I will rest and not be distressed. His healing is kind and personal. I will trust in His tender way. I confess that healing and rest are worth it.

I confess I am worth fighting for. Why? Because Jesus paid a major price for me, my freedom, and my life. My worth is not found in my works. My worth is found in Christ alone.

I know He hears my heart. I am confident in His gentle care. I am sure of His saving grace. He won't let me fall, for He is with me through it all. I will seek His radiant Face. I will run into His embrace. I will surrender. I will submit. I will be still and know He is good, He is holy, and He is still sovereign. Hope in Him, rest in Him, and watch His glory unfold before you. He's got you... He's never letting go... Amen.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story