Walk in Obedience and Trust


Walk in Obedience and Trust:

"The LORD leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands." (Psalms 25:10)

When I obey God, it not only unlocks immense blessings, but it's also a way for me to put my deep love for Him into action. Meaning, I don't just merely speak the words, "I love God and I will trust Him wholeheartedly" and then continue on living in my disabling doubts and fear.

Think about this... Perfect love casts out fear... Is it possible that as we journey closer and closer to that perfected state in the Heavens, our love for God and for others is made more and more perfect like the love of Christ? And as our love is in the process of being transformed and perfected, the fears that once controlled us are now being cast out left and right. Why? Because perfect, matured, and full-grown love drives away all fears!

"There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]." (1 John 4:18 AMP)

The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit is readily available to me. He will deliver me, and He will direct me! He knows the way, and He shows the way - one step at a time. I am free! I am completely free to trust Him with all of me!

Obedience expresses the epitome of true trust and surrendered love.

Lord, I trust You! You've never failed me before, and I am confident You won't fail me now. I love You, my King. You reign with mercy and splendour. No other is as gracious and glorious as You, my God. I love You more than I love comfort.

That's an incredibly difficult prayer to pray.

Lord, if it be Your Will, let my afflictions stick around. These tribulations are so trying, yet they draw me in closer to You. They remind me that You're the Source of all true peace, provision, and joy.

One thing I ask, in the midst of the hardships? That Your Presence would drown out my pain even if these problems remain. I will stay, stay in Your way.

No matter how desperate, I will press into You. All is well, when I'm with You. All is joy, when I shut my eyes and believe You're working all things for my good. When I am confident in Your promises, no woe can rob me of the wonder of You walking right beside me - You're guiding my way!

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." (Psalms 119:105)

All-abandoning trust produces all-consuming peace. The peace that comes only from the Lord, which burns away every anxious feeling of doubt or distress.

So take me out upon the waters, O God. I will walk in Your way, no matter what threatens. I know fear is just a lie, so guide me with Your eye, and my hungry soul please satisfy. I praise You, my Lord! You're the gracious God Who guides me! Amen!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace