Rest in His Presence

   Sometimes my body tries to tell me that I'm expecting too much of it. Or maybe, that's God telling me I need to take a moment and unwind. He's telling me I need to let go and lay with Him. "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." (Psalms 4:8)
   I, just like many other human beings, try very hard to power through weakness. Because none of us are perfect by any means, we often work too hard and don't provide our bodies with proper recovery time. God, on the other hand, is perfect, and He never becomes exhausted. So, when we come to Him when we feel torn down, He is very quick to relieve us.
   "My flesh and my heart may fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalms 73:26)
   When we ignore the warning signs, things can get much, much worse. It's important to stay in tune with God, because He is for us and not against us. He only wants what is good for us. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)


   God will always be there when you're feeling worn. He desires you to come to Him. Listen closely for His gentle voice. He cares for us, and His presence is refreshing. His presence restores us. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story