Flooded With Peace

   I want to be so focused on my God that I'm flooded with His peace. I want to be so certain of who I am in Christ that nothing the devil says could disrupt me. My desire is to be completely overflowing with His gracious love.

   Fear. Fear is one of my greatest weaknesses. "What if" constantly floats around in my head, taunting me with things to which I could devote hours of fretfulness. But why should I allow attacks like these to rob my joy? Why should I let one little thought derail everything I've worked to achieve in my faith journey? Moments of pure, undeniably heaven-sent peace and gratitude shan't be shoved away by fear-filled worries. Not today. Today I'm trading my fear for His peace.

   "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)


   What comes down is far better than what you are holding up. Your surrendering of anxiety portrays colossal faith, and the reward for this faith is unwavering peace from the Holy One. He will bless you with His incomparable peace. Once you have released those fears into His caring hands, allow that marvelous peace to sink in.

   I would rather spend all of my days dwelling in His wondrous presence, than to have all the world's riches. In You, Lord, I have all that I need, and all that I want is in You. Your goodness is more than enough for me. Every desire is satisfied when I'm with You. Your grace is sufficient for all of my needs.

   His grace is all we need. So what are you waiting for? Nail those burdens to the cross, and receive the gift of joy and peace. Walk with the Lord in ultimate gladness. He wants you to be free from that heavy load.

   "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story