My Hard Eucharisteo

   In a time and place where everything seems to be hostile, where do we find refuge? In the midst of chaos and tragedy, to whom do we run? Our God is a solid rock on which we stand. When everybody seems to disappoint or betray you, come to the Well of all that is pure and bright. Come to Father, the One with all the might.

   "Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." (Psalms 62:8)



   Troubling events are happening all around. A quiet moment in His arms is all we need. A gentle whisper from Him does wonders to soothe the aching heart. Listen close. Be still. Believe that He cares about those burdens. Receive the gift of His peace.

   "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

   I'm reminded of the days when I would sit on that hospital bed. With my legs folded and my hands lifted up, I'd cry out for my hope to be restored. In that unfriendly environment filled with anxieties, I was desperate to feel loved and secure. The one place I could go at the end of the day was right there in the Lords arms.

   Even though I felt so doomed and forgotten, He never left me. When all else seemed lost, I knew I had everything in Him. I truly believe the sole reason I was "abandoned" in that muggy place was so that I could find my passion again. Right there in that awful place, my fire was reignited.



   Now I see why such hardships had to come at me. And now that my eyes are opened to see this truth, I can honestly say that I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank You, Lord, for my very hard Eucharisteo. Through the hurt, You healed my heart. Now I am new, and I am living for You.

   I'd like to say thank you to the very gifted Ann Voskamp. Todays post was very much inspired by you, Ann. If you read this, I'd want you to see that this is my "Hard Eucharisteo". 

   I encourage you to check out Ann's blog, A Holy Experience. It is a treasure chest of wonderful blessings. God bless each and every one of you.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story