His Plan is Bigger Than Our Wildest Dreams


His Plan is Bigger Than Our Wildest Dreams:

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

"For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)

I lay my head down, close my eyes, and listen for the sound of His mercy song. I take my fears, and I cast them off into the hands of His great lovingkindness. He cares.

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

I lift these empty hands high to the Father above. I release all resistance, I hand in my hesitation. I take all my doubts and definitions of possible to the Cross, where the veil was torn and eternity changed. Where sin lost its hold on me. There the price was paid once and for all. Now I await...

What shall He do in these bones? What is His plan for this hungering soul? One thing is for sure, He won't leave me empty and He won't let me fall. He is the Lord, the Lord over all.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalms 23:1)

Undeniably, He satisfies me with good things. His gifts are unfathomably gracious. I am so unworthy of all His generosity. Yet, I needn't earn a thing, for He is the God of grace and mercy and reconciliation. The mistakes I've made in the past have no power over me anymore. My former filth has been cut off; it has no say in my tomorrows. My God, He is the God of new beginnings.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea And a path through the mighty waters,
“Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:16, 18-19)

The Holy One makes my feet strong like the deer's, the Almighty Lord streams rushing rivers of living waters in the most dry and desert places. This is my God, my Great Defender. This is my Lord, the Awesome One who knows my heart and sets my days into motion. His plans are good and true. His actions are faithful and trustworthy. Is there anything I cannot entrust unto You, O God?

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:23)

Though it seems desolate now, I know He is working valiantly for my victorious outcome. In fact, has He not already done just that? Has the God who bore that scorned cross and thorn-laced crown not already accomplished the ultimate victory?

"By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." (Hebrews 10:10)

He's done all the work. He's won all the battles. He prepares a place for me at His table. His courts I can call home, and I shall dwell in His Presence for all my days.

"How happy is the one You choose and bring near to live in Your courts! We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, the holiness of Your temple." (Psalms 65:4)

From the very beginning, Your plan has been our deliverance. From before time began, You had our redemption ready for action. From the very start, You wanted our hearts. Your plan, God, is more than miraculous. You are wonderful beyond measure.

You are our portion, O Christ our Lord. Your ways are marvellous in our eyes. Even to this day, we stand in complete awe of You. I declare with complete confidence that all You have done is more than enough and already more wondrous than our wildest dreams. Thank You, Father, thank You. We praise You now and forever, Lord. We adore You and pour our hearts out onto You. Hallelujah, amen.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace